Thursday, 29 March 2012
Putty Rallies against SRLUP
Putty Rally against the draft Strategic
Use Plan for the Upper Hunter is on Sunday 1st April at Putty Hall at 9.30am . Regional Land
The NSW Government’s draft Strategic Regional Land Use Plan (SRLUP) for the Upper Hunter has the Putty area mapped as:
1. Open-cut and/or underground coal resource potential
2. High and moderate coal seam gas potential
The Putty Community Association’s CSG Subcommittee is organising this event to highlight the following -
• The Putty area is surrounded by World Heritage National Parks
• Putty should not be included in the Upper Hunter Plan as its water flows into the Hawkesbury, impacting on Hawkesbury roads and rivers not the Hunter
• The Government has broken its election promise of protecting high value conservation lands and stating that mining and coal seam gas extraction should not occur in sensitive areas.
• The date for submissions from the public for the SRLUP should be extended as the deadline on 3 May is the same day that the Government’s CSG Inquiry’s findings are to be released.
• SRLUP does not address the problems of exploration or exempt any land from exploration.
• SRLUP is a political document, lacking in supporting data
Speakers include Luke Foley, Labor Shadow Minister for the Environment who came to Putty a few weeks ago and said in parliament that ‘the
is a perfect example of a sensitive area that should exclude mining and extractive industries, in order to protect its significant environmental values.’ Putty Valley
Channel 7 plans to film the event and some parts of the area for the evening news.
Don’t forget Daylight Saving Time ends at 2am 1 April. Turn your clocks back Saturday night and you can sleep in Sunday.
Draft Strategic Land Use Plan for the Upper Hunter http://haveyoursay.nsw.gov.au/regionallanduse
For fruther information contact
Chairman Putty Community Association CSG Subcommittee
Ph: 6579 7047